Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Education

Aaron Bean Takes to the House Floor to Oppose Biden’s Student Loan Proposal

This week, U.S. Rep. Aaron Bean, R-Fla., the chairman of the U.S. House Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education Subcommittee, took to the House floor in favor of a Congressional Review Act resolution that will prevent President Joe Biden and the U.S. Department of Education from advancing student loan forgiveness.

Bean said the following.

You get $3,527! You get $3,527! And you get $3,527! Whether you want it or not—and you don’t—you have just acquired $3527 in student loan debt. That’s right. Thanks to President Biden’s student loan bailout, every man, woman, and child in America will be taxed $3,527 to foot the bill for someone else’s debt.

But Mr. Speaker, are we in a debt crisis? Of course we are.

We are already a whopping $32 trillion in debt, struggling right now to come to an agreement on how to pay our bills. The president’s student loan bailout will just throw gasoline on the inflation fire, making it even harder for families to put food on the table. It’s the last thing our economy needs.

But Mr. Speaker, is this fair? Of course it is not fair.

See also  Biden Replacement? Small Business Owners Reject List of Possible Candidates

This bailout sounds like a Houdini-type escape from the responsibility of student loan debt, but instead, 83 percent of Americans without student loan debt will end up paying for the other 17 percent who do. How do you tell someone who worked their way through college or joined the military, like my son to pay his way through college, that they will now be saddled with paying off a Harvard graduate’s underwater fire safety degree?

Biden’s student loan bailout is unfair to taxpayers and unfair to future generations of students.

This whole plan is nuts. There is only one correct answer and that is to vote yes on this Congressional Review Act. Let’s bring sense and sensibility to America’s education system while protecting the interests of taxpayers.

Author

  • Florida Daily

    Florida Daily offers news, insights and analysis as we cover the most important issues in the state, from education, to business and politics.

    View all posts
Share Story Via Text, E-Mail, Facebook or Twitter
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us on Social Media

Ed Dean: Publisher

 

Ed Dean is a leading radio and news media personality including hosting the #1 statewide radio talk show in Florida. Contact Ed.Dean@FloridaDaily.com

Article Archives

Related Stories

Elections

As the GOP convention ends, speculation is growing about potential replacement candidates for President Joe Biden, who is expected to end his campaign this...

Most Recent

The National Taxpayers Union (NTU) has released its annual report card for the first session of the 118th Congress of the United States. The...

Elections

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready... OP-ED prediction by publisher Ed Dean Liberal groups have been conducting polls for Vice President Kamala Harris about whether...

Elections

Some polls have shown a drop for President Biden since the debate disaster from last month, but that isn’t stopping Florida Democrats from scaling...

Most Recent

I am a conservative, a registered Republican, and philosophically, could be categorized as a traditional Classical Liberal, although that term is about as extinct...

Elections

Two weeks after President Joe Biden’s poor debate performance spurred panic among Democratic Party leadership, new poll results indicate that American voters are skeptical...

Elections

Calls for President Joe Biden to not run for reelection are going nowhere with Joe. He, Jill, convicted felon-Hunter, and the rest of the...

Elections

GUEST OP-ED BY BARNEY BISHOP This is rich. The convicted felon that is First Son Hunter Biden, and Scamming-Enabler First Lady Jill Biden, and...