Just after Election Day as the Mainstream Media (MSM) continued to boost the chances of Joe Biden winning the presidency, the former vice president began to talk to the country calling for calm and healing. Now, he is saying that Donald Trump’s unwillingness to concede the election is “an embarrassment.”
Joe, you cannot have it both ways. If you want to promote healing and unity, you need to acknowledge that almost half of the country didn’t vote for you and doesn’t like you. Just as you and Democrats claimed the Trump presidency was illegitimate four years ago, you are likely to face the same prospect.
Now you will certainly have most of the MSM on your side but remember that about one half of the country does not believe them. This half of American also doesn’t believe that the election was fair and honest and they don’t yet accept the initial results–and may never accept the outcome. Hint: the MSM does not decide who the winner is in any event – the Electoral College does or perhaps the U.S. Supreme Court if it comes to that.
Trump voters across the country are unfortunately hearing from just one news outlet – Fox News – that there is proof of any fraud. This includes dead people voting; ballots being filled out by ballot counters; supposedly nonpartisan vote counters who did everything possible to obscure their activities in Michigan by placing cardboard over windows; election officials in Pennsylvania not allowing real “access” to GOP vote count observers so they could be close enough to see the ballots themselves; and thousands of Nevada voters casting ballots after having moved out-of-state (BTW, military votes were around 100) or dying.
The more that the MSM attempts to mitigate this news and refuses to share an objective viewpoint that there are indeed a plethora of problems in numerous states across the country, the more that your election, if it proves to be validated by the Electoral College, is going to be considered manipulated and corrupt by about half of the people who voted.
Your rush to judgment is not helping matters. Your junta partners – the MSM – are not helping your cause either. Keep in mind that Americans have little trust in the MSM to begin with and this is corroborated by Gallup Polls that document an all-time low in faith in the media to only 40 percent, a drop of almost 26 percent since 1997.
You and your shills demanded that every vote be counted–and, damn it, we are going to hold you and your sycophants to that standard.
The states need time to conduct their recounts and court cases need to be litigated. Of course, we may not know the outcome of all the legal cases, but if it comes to it, the Supreme Court will ultimately be the decider of who won. You can help all of this by working to clean up elections so that a hallmark of your term in office is bringing trust back to national Election Day.
Here are some unsolicited suggestions to help you as you try to remain calm about your potential to become president-elect on December 14 when the Electoral College meets:
- If you continue to disrespect Republican voters, they will demand their elected representatives in Washington, DC do the same to you that you and your ilk did to President Trump from the day he was elected.
- The U.S. Senate is very likely to remain in Republican control, albeit by a slightly smaller majority. Republican senators can make or break your presidency with investigations, rejecting your Cabinet choices, offering very close scrutiny of every one of your nominees across the board and they will have every opportunity to scuttle whatever is sent over by U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.
- The balance of power in the U.S. House has also shifted. Granted, Speaker Pelosi will still be able to get whatever she wants from her historically-low majority. Nevertheless, it will a tougher slog and that will reflect upon you as well, especially whether or not you embrace the Far Left/Progressive policies that U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-NY, and others have continuously pushed–but was soundly rejected by voters in congressional and legislative races across the country.
- Do not misjudge your election if you become president. You will have no more support in America than you had in your election and that will have only been decided 45 or so days after Election Day when the Electoral College counts its votes. In fact, if you do not satisfactorily placate the crazies on the Left, like BLM, Antifa and others, your desire for calm and peace will be shattered because those nuts do not care about your presidency. They care only about their goal of dismantling this country to gain a Marxist/Socialist fantasy.
- You will not be able to stay in the basement forever. In fact, you are going to have to come out and meet more than 20 people at a time. In many cases, you are not going to have a teleprompter with you to tell you what to say so that you don’t screw up your message. Admittedly, Trump is not a careful wordsmith, but we always knew where he was coming from, no doubt! You, on the other hand, will have to make fewer mistakes and not further aggravate the Americans who did not vote for you.
- Your son Hunter will be hounded, investigated, perhaps indicted, just like Trumps’ close allies were. Oh, the FBI, under your control if you win, and the Deep State will sweep all of this under the rug, but that will be another disservice to you and your cause because it will only nurture further cynicism about you and your purported victory. Maybe, you could send him on an all-paid, four-year vacation to the Falkland Islands?
- Your presidency, if it becomes a reality, will be the barometer for the 2022 midterm elections. The Democrats in the House lost terribly to the point that Pelosi and her allies are looking like the stupid, out-of-touch political hacks that they have always been. She and U.S. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-NY, both squandered any chance of a “Blue Wave,” even when your MSM co-conspirators, preached it night and day to 330 million Americans. Whether Democrats will lose more seats or gain some back will be based on your actions – and perhaps more importantly on your words.
- Keep your spoken gaffes to a bare minimum. You may have gotten elected but your running mate U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., did not help you any. People are more fearful of her than they are of you, which says a lot about your choice for veep. You barely made it. Do not let her loose because she is embraced by even fewer people than you were. That says something and you need to pay heed to this warning, because I do not want to come back and say, “I told you so.”
- Govern from the center, as you promised somewhere along the campaign trail that you would do. Do not raise taxes on people. Do not compel face mask-wearing. Do not shut down the economy despite what your COVID-19 scientists tell you. And do not get America in another war.
- Respect Republican voters because if you bring them over to your side then your presidency, if you get one, will have a better chance of success.
Barney Bishop III, a conservative Democrat, and a former executive director of the Florida Democratic Party. He is the immediate past CEO of Associated Industries of Florida, founded in 1920, and known as “The Voice of Florida Business.” He is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Barney Bishop Consulting, LLC, based in Tallahassee. He can be reached at Barney@BarneyBishop.com.