Below is a list of Coronavirus Testing Center Locations from a variety of health care providers in the Tampa and St. Petersburg area. Please check each location’s listing to find out how to register for a test and confirm the location’s hours before you attempt to visit the physical location of any testing center.
BayCare Urgent Care Covid-19 Testing :
- Hillsborough: BayCare Urgent Care, 3440 3003 W Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Suite 100, Tampa.
- Pinellas: BayCare Urgent Care, 900 Carillon Parkway, Suite 106, St. Petersburg.
- Pasco: BayCare Urgent Care, 4821 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
- Polk: BayCare Urgent Care, 36245 U.S. 27, Haines City.
A doctor’s referral is encouraged. In order to get tested, a person must currently have a fever, a cough or shortness of breath and meet one of these additional requirements:
- Traveled internationally or on a cruise.
- Traveled to or from California, Washington, Oregon or New York. These are areas of widespread community transmission.
- Had personal close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Must be 65 or older with a serious chronic health condition, such as heart disease or cancer.
- They are considered immunocompromised.
Tampa General Hospital Urgent Care Clinics
- 4505 Gunn Highway, Tampa.
- 799 W Lumsden Road, Brandon.
- Testing is only available for patients who meet clinical guidelines. Patients can call (813) 925-1903 and a customer service representative will conduct a screening interview. Those who meet the criteria will be seen and evaluated and the appropriate test will be performed.
- AdventHealth Tampa: 3100 E Fletcher Ave, Tampa.
- AdventHealth Tampa uses an actual machine to test patients with a physician’s order who meet criteria established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Testing at this location is “on demand” for the hospital’s more serious cases, spokeswoman Ashley Jeffrey said.
- AdventHealth is using three other unannounced sites to swab patients and collect samples. To be eligible, you must be referred by an AdventHealth primary care physician. If someone meets the criteria for testing, their physician will connect them with a testing site and a team member there will give the patient instructions on what to do next.
Bayfront Health Medical Group
- Bayfront Health St. Petersburg, 701 Sixth St. S, St. Petersburg. The testing site is on the east side of the hospital.
- Patients must be referred by their Bayfront Health Medical Group physician. To qualify, a patient must show symptoms of COVID-19 — fever, couch or difficulty breathing — and have other risk factors.