This week, the Florida Lottery noted it will continue actively monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and is taking necessary precautions to help keep its employees, players, retailers and vendors as safe as possible.
The Florida Lottery is encouraging everyone to live responsibly and play safe during this unprecedented time by following the tips below:
- If you must make a trip to the store, please do not go solely for Florida Lottery tickets.
- Utilize the Advance Play option when purchasing Draw game tickets.
- Use the self ticket scanner at retail locations instead of handing your ticket to a clerk to check if it’s a winner.
- Follow the CDC’s recommended social distancing practices and safety guidelines to keep a healthy distance when in public.
- To minimize exposure as much as possible, all Lottery offices closed to the public on March 23 and remain closed until further notice. During this closure, all player and retailer services are being conducted via phone, email, and mail.
Players who have winning tickets are encouraged to mail them to Florida Lottery Headquarters or a Florida Lottery district office to claim their prize. Additionally, all claim deadlines have been extended by 90 days, giving players the option to hold on to winning tickets until offices reopen to the public. For information on how to claim a Lottery prize during this office closure, visit www.flalottery.com/closures.