An organization devoted to eliminating student debt ranked Florida the best state for college students. In Bold.org’s latest report, the Sunshine State had the best overall ranking for cost, graduation rate, and the number of college students in the state.
To rank each state, Bold.org analyzed the following state data sets surrounding the size of student communities, average graduation rate, and average cost of tuition and living expenses during the nine-month academic school year period:
• College enrollment and student demographic statistics from EducationData.org
• Average cost of college by state from EducationData.org
• College graduation rates by state in 2022 from World Population Review
• Understanding College Affordability: Pricing and Expenses from the Urban Institute
• The average cost of food in the US from Move.org
The states with the highest average cost were Vermont, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. Graduation rate averages were the lowest in West Virginia, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kentucky and Louisiana.
- Ron DeSantis Names Three New Judges of Compensation Claims - June 27, 2022, 8:00 pm
- With Independence Day Weekend Looming, Gas Prices Drop in Florida - June 27, 2022, 4:00 pm
- Ron DeSantis Highlights Funds Used to Help Floridians With Alzheimer’s - June 27, 2022, 11:56 am