On Monday, state CFO Jimmy Patronis provided updates on Florida’s Urban Search & Rescue (US&R) Task Force 4 as they support recovery efforts in Louisiana following the devastation of Hurricane Laura.
Last week, Patronis deployed US&R Task Force 4 to provide life-saving equipment and resources to support the state of Louisiana following the devastating impacts of Hurricane Laura. Task Force 4 is a Type 3 US&R Team that consists of more than 40 highly trained fire service personnel from the Orange County, Orlando, and Seminole County Fire Departments.
“Since last Thursday, Florida US&R Task Force 4 has been on the ground to support the recovery efforts of communities in Louisiana after Hurricane Laura made landfall as a dangerous Category 4 storm. This dedicated team of highly trained firefighters has worked diligently to aid in navigating floodwaters, clearing roads and provide search and rescue assistance along the Gulf Coast and in one of the hardest-hit coastal cities of Cameron, Louisiana. This is exactly why it’s vital that we support our first responders as they work tirelessly to aid communities in their most critical time of need following a disaster. Thank you to US&R Task Force 4 for your continued hard work and come home safe,” Patronis said on Monday.
Urban Search & Rescue Task Force Capabilities
- Physical search and rescue operations in damaged/collapsed structures
- Emergency medical care for entrapped survivors, task force personnel and search canines
- Reconnaissance to assess damage and needs, and provide feedback to local, state, tribal, territorial and federal officials.
- Assessment/shut-off of utilities to houses and other buildings
- Hazardous materials surveys/evaluations
- Structural/hazard evaluations of buildings needed for immediate occupancy to support disaster relief operations
- Stabilizing damaged structures, including shoring and cribbing operations on damaged buildings
- Hazardous Materials Equipment Push Packages for operations in a contaminated environment
- Search and rescue operations in a water environment
- Ron DeSantis, Aaron Bean, Opposition to Raising Property Taxes Big Winners in Northeast Florida Straw Poll - May 23, 2022, 10:34 pm
- Ashley Moody, FCC Teaming Up to Take on Robocalls - May 23, 2022, 8:00 pm
- Rick Scott Calls on Senate to Send $3.3 Billion in Security Assistance to Israel - May 23, 2022, 4:00 pm