On Monday, Florida Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Jimmy Patronis distributed a video that targets businesses in Chicago encouraging them to relocate to Florida.
The video serves as a follow-up correspondence to the same businesses the CFO issued letters to in August. The letters from the CFO focuses on the city’s surge in violence and their high crime rate, as well as their poor fiscal health.
“As the state’s Chief Financial Officer, a fourth-generation Floridian and a former small business owner, my mission is to encourage businesses in Chicago to consider moving to the great state of Florida,” Patronis said on Monday. “For the past several months, many business owners in Chicago have stood by and watched their storefronts get demolished on national television as their politicians tell police to stand-down.
“If they haven’t already, many businesses are going to reach out to site selectors to start looking for the right state to grow their business. Fortunately for Florida, many politicians in Chicago have treated businesses with complete indifference and have not let law enforcement do their job by protecting communities. I am encouraging businesses who are considering the move to reach out to my office,” Patronis added.
List of Chicago Businesses that Received a Letter from CFO Patronis
- Archer Daniels Midland Co
- Conagra Brands Inc
- Exelon Corporation
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company
- LKQ Corporation
- Old Republic International Corporation
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- United Airlines Holdings
- Jones Lang LaSalle Inc
- Hyatt Hotels Group
- SP Plus Corporation
- Littelfuse Inc
- Telephone and Data Systems
- DeSantis Directs DEO to Request the Indefinite Suspension of Collection on Reemployment Assistance Overpayments - 10.20.21
- Jimmy Patronis Issues Tips to Protect Consumers During National Cybersecurity Awareness Month - 10.20.21
- Florida Delegation Urges Biden, Interior Department to Reject Drilling in the Everglades - 10.20.21