Last week, U.S. Rep. Mike Waltz, R-Fla., the chairman of the U.S. House Subcommittee on Military Readiness, gave an address at the Heritage Foundation on the release of the National Independent Panel on Military and Service Readiness report.
He provided analysis on the major concerns and recommendations to combat politicization in the U.S. military and reduce obstacles that interfere with the highest levels of readiness.
“Whether its mandating politicized DEI initiatives or focusing on eco-friendly strategies rather than lethality, our military faces a readiness crisis,” said Waltz. “It’s critical we implement the recommendations of this panel to address our recruiting crisis, reinstate meritocracy to our ranks, and refocus our efforts on warfighting. I’m thankful to the Heritage Foundation and panel members for coming together to identify solutions for our military.”
“The world is becoming an increasingly dangerous place, and defense leaders need to remember that at its core the United States Armed Forces have one mission: to protect our nation from foreign enemies,” said Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts. “While the Biden administration pursues a politicized ‘diversity, equity, and inclusion’ experiment, the National Independent Panel on Military Service and Readiness has focused on recommending actionable steps to solve our government-created military recruitment and readiness crises. Now is the time for patriots to step up and restore our military’s warrior ethos and readiness; not to be distracted by the political agenda of bureaucratic elites.”
Poor recruiting and a drop in Americans’ confidence in the U.S. military continues to threaten our national security. Polling data further indicates that seven in 10 active-duty military members surveyed witnessed politicization in the military. From this most were both concerned about the growing politicization and likely to let it impact their decision to encourage their children to join.
The National Independent Panel on Military Service and Readiness released a report with an analysis of major concerns and recommendations to combat politicization in the U.S. military and reduce obstacles that interfere with the highest levels of readiness.
Some recommendations include:
· Eliminate the DEI Construct from DOD.
· Redirect Politicized Efforts to Combat Extremism to Improve Readiness.
· Establish DOD and Service Standards Based on Readiness.
· Provide a Pathway for Service Members Discharged for Refusing the COVID Vaccine.
· Prioritize Warfighting Over Combatting Climate Change.
- Florida’s Top Five Most Googled Injuries - June 3, 2023, 6:00 pm
- Florida TaxWatch: APRNs are a Solid Solution to Palliative Care and Hospice Physician Shortage - June 2, 2023, 4:00 pm
- Marco Rubio Calls on Biden to Lift Red Tape Ahead of 2023 Hurricane Season - June 2, 2023, 12:00 pm