This week, Gov. Ron DeSantis and Florida Education Commissioner Richard Corcoran announced the awardees of the Florida Pathways to Career Opportunities Grant.
Through the grant, $10 million is awarded to the following school districts, colleges, state universities, and private training entities to start or expand registered apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs throughout the state.
“The Pathways to Career Opportunities Grant Program has been a priority of this administration since day one. Expanding registered apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs not only is a strategic investment in our state’s workforce, but it addresses the state’s skills gap, provides support for employers and residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic,” said DeSantis on Tuesday.
“The Department of Education’s successes around expanding quality workforce education and training is bar none the best in the nation. Our commitment to registered apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs demonstrates this,” said Corcoran. “It is also important that these training programs lead to a high-quality degree, which is why we are also focused on their connection to our higher education system.”
During 2019 and 2020, DeSantis worked with the Florida Legislature to secure funding for Florida’s students and families, which totals $20 million dedicated to registered apprenticeships.
This year’s awardees are:
- Broward School District
- Palm Beach School District
- Miami-Dade School District
- Collier School District
- St. Lucie School District
- Sumter School District
- Brevard School District
- Volusia School District
- Santa Rosa School District
- Orange County School District
- Flagler School District
- Baker School District
- Lee School District
- Hillsborough School District
Florida College System Institutions
- Tallahassee Community College
- Broward College
- College of the Florida Keys
- South Florida State College
- Indian River State College
- Hillsborough Community College
- Pasco-Hernando State College
- Daytona State College
- Florida International University
- University of Miami
Other Eligible Entities
- Power Design, Inc.
- FloridaMakes, Inc.
- AmSkills, Inc.
- iBuild Central Florida
- Florida Nursery Growers and Landscape Association, Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northeast Florida Builders Association
- TruMont, LLC.
- Manasota Air Conditioning Contracters Association
- ABC Institute, Inc.
- SpaceTEC Partners, Inc.
- Jacksonville Electrical Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee
- Independent Electrical Contractors-Florida West Coast Chapter 1
- Florida Sheriffs Task Force Completes Operation Loose Wire, Targeting Loose Livestock and Illegal Dumping - 09.16.21
- FAMU Getting $30 Million Federal Grant from NOAA for Center for Coastal and Marine Ecosystems - 09.16.21
- Ron DeSantis Proposes Eliminating Common Core, FSA Testing With New Assessment - 09.15.21