On Thursday, U.S. Rep. Stephanie Murphy, D-Fla., announced the Small Business Administration’s Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) program has started accepting applications from eligible small businesses.
The program is designed to assist live venues, theaters, museums, zoos, and aquariums that have experienced significant revenue losses as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The American Rescue Plan Act, the $1.9 trillion federal stimulus package enacted last month, provides $16 billion for the SVOG program.
“Central Florida is home to a large number of live attractions that are vital to our local economy and employ many of hardworking Floridians. As part of the American Rescue Plan Act, which I was proud to support, we’ve made funding available to help these small businesses pay their workers, their rent, and their utility bills so they can weather this economic storm,” said Murphy. “I urge live venue operators in Central Florida, who have been especially hard hit during this pandemic, to apply for this funding and to contact my office if we can be of any assistance in getting them the help they need.”
Who Can Apply:
- Live venue operators or promoters
- Theatrical producers
- Live performing arts organization operators
- Relevant museum operators, zoos and aquariums who meet specific criteria
- Motion picture theater operators
- Talent representatives
- Each business entity owned by an eligible entity that also meets the eligibility requirements
- Applicants must have been in operation as of Feb. 29, 2020. A venue or promoter who received a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan on or after Dec. 27, 2020, will have the SVOG reduced by the PPP loan amount.
Venue operates can use their grants for:
- Payroll costs
- Rent payments
- Utility payments
- Worker protection expenditures, and more
Local venue operators can get more information on how to apply at SBA.gov.
- Ron DeSantis Takes Action to Protect Florida Cyberspace, Universities, Real Estate From Hostile Nations - September 26, 2022, 4:00 pm
- Rick Scott Launches Video Series Honoring Hispanic Heritage Month - September 26, 2022, 1:15 pm
- Marco Rubio: U.S. Counterintelligence Efforts Need to Protect American Innovation - September 26, 2022, 9:00 am