Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Crime

Florida Man Allegedly Built ‘Mother of Satan’ Bomb

Share this Story via Text Message, Facebook, X, Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo Mail

Video Courtesy of Daytona News Journal

Jared Coburn, 37 of Lake Helen, Florida was arrested and charged with manufacturing an explosive device after deputies found a stockpile of bomb making paraphernalia and a chemical volatile enough to destroy several homes. According to a report from the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to assist the Lake Helen Police Department on a call on Nov. 3 at 292 W. Pennsylvania Ave. in Lake Helen, stemming from a tip about explosive materials inside the home at that address.

Responding units discovered jars containing a substance determined to be the highly volatile explosive triacetone triperoxide (TATP). The white crystal powder has been referred to as “Mother of Satan” by Al-Qaeda and other terrorist organizations who have used it in deadly attacks around the world.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives also responded to the incident. Coburn is in custody with additional charges possible pending the findings of an investigation that continues at this hour. A search warrant was signed by a judge Tuesday night, and a search of the house for additional explosives was to follow. Because of the volatility of TATP, the material was not be transported away from the area but rather detonated in a safe manner, underground in a nearby field.

Deputies recovered two jars, two vials & one baggie of TATP (highly volatile explosive), 2 homemade explosives & bomb-making paraphernalia with explosives residue. Volusia County’s bomb squad set off 7 total countercharges. The sheriff department’s official Facebook post with photos from the scene are posted below.

Author

• Matt O'Hern

Matt O’Hern’s journalism experience includes 20 years of reporting and consulting for various news outlets in Florida and Alabama. O’Hern earned his journalism degree from Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama.

8 Comments

8 Comments

1. Haircuts

February 28, 2024, 10:11 am at 10:11 am

Hello.This post was really interesting, especially because I was investigating for thoughts on this topic last Friday.

2. Mens Hairstyles

February 28, 2024, 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

3. Hairstyles

February 29, 2024, 3:17 am at 3:17 am

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative to read?

4. Hair Styles

March 1, 2024, 1:07 pm at 1:07 pm

Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading through your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects? Thanks a ton!

5. Fashion

March 1, 2024, 4:47 pm at 4:47 pm

Excellent blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you suggest starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely confused .. Any recommendations? Appreciate it!

6. Beauty Fashion

March 1, 2024, 6:38 pm at 6:38 pm

Whats up! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the good data you could have here on this post. I will likely be coming again to your blog for more soon.

7. Skin Care

March 2, 2024, 1:47 am at 1:47 am

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is great blog. An excellent read. I’ll certainly be back.

8. Long Hairstyles

March 2, 2024, 8:30 am at 8:30 am

I needed to create you the little bit of word to be able to say thank you as before for these amazing information you have provided on this page. This is quite tremendously open-handed with people like you in giving unreservedly all a number of us could have sold as an e book in making some cash for their own end, and in particular since you might have tried it if you considered necessary. Those ideas likewise served to provide a great way to realize that someone else have the identical dreams just like my very own to understand many more with regard to this matter. I believe there are many more enjoyable opportunities ahead for individuals who go through your site.